Junior DevOps / IT Engineer
U.S. citizenship is required
Quantum Signal seeks a highly motivated Jr. DevOps/IT Engineer who is committed to excellence and excited about maintaining and scaling IT infrastructure, streamlining deployment processes, improving automation, monitoring and tuning instrumentation, and supporting general IT needs across the business while collaborating with developers, research engineers, and business operations.
We are a research and development company that works with clients to build new products and technologies based on state-of-the-art algorithms and software. Products and technologies include robot simulators, autonomous vehicle technologies, tools for forensic labs, and more. We are headquartered in Saline, MI, three miles south of Ann Arbor.
- Maintain, enhance, and scale infrastructure in on-premise environments
- Integrate new and existing IT programs into current operations
- Manage and respond to system monitoring tools
- Provide expert support for resolving and troubleshooting advanced system issues
- Work with other teams on operational considerations of software design and delivery
- Serve as subject matter expert with regards to system administration of all production, test and development systems
- Enable more efficient work processes for other teams through the creation of tooling and/or automated processes
- Implement and manage automated release management tools
- Analyze systems and processes to identify improvement opportunities. Create scripts, templates, and utilities to automate repetitive tasks
- Create disaster recovery plans and administer them in case of need
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Support IT needs, troubleshooting employee hardware and software issues, identifying users’ needs, abilities, and limitations
- Manage hardware inventory, acquisition, and IT aspects of employee on/off-boarding
- Assign, revise, or revoke user permissions and passwords on various systems and applications
- Maintain local networks, printers, phone systems, and software upgrades
- Train other IT team members to efficiently use platforms and tools
- Ensure appropriate and up-to-date documentation is maintained on all systems
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information services or related field, or advanced certification in systems administration – MCSE/VCAP/VCIX/VCDX
- Hands-on experience with hardware and software installation, testing and operation
- Knowledge of the following systems: Windows 7 & 10 administration, Windows Server install and configuration, Active Directory implementation and administration, Windows Group Policy implementation and testing, Windows Security, Office 365 administration, backup strategies, VMware VSphere, Redhat/CentOS Linux
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Exposure to version control systems like SVN, Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with software process automation using scripting languages like Bash, Python, PowerShell
Job position is located in the great town of Saline, MI, 3 miles south of Ann Arbor. Salary is flexible based on knowledge/experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, (all effective on first day of hire) 401k, summer staff BBQ’s, Game Nights, plentiful free parking and more.
We offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses, generous benefits, flexible hours, fun and relaxed environment, casual dress code, the opportunity to learn new technologies and work on some really cool projects.