Junior Simulation Software Engineer
U.S. citizenship is required
Quantum Signal is a research and development company that works with clients to build new products and technologies based on state-of-the-art algorithms and software. Products and technologies include robots, video games, tools for forensic labs, and more. Markets include homeland security, defense, automotive, and entertainment. We are headquartered in Saline, MI, three miles south of Ann Arbor.
We are seeking a junior game and simulation programmer to work on game-like, real-time modeling and simulation projects. You will work on a small but growing team of software developers and technologists that interact with in-house quality assurance, project management, and human resources teams all directed by talented leadership.
- 0-5 years of C++/C# professional experience coding software as part of a team.
- Writing real-time, graphics-focused simulation systems that can be used for training, education, and/or engineering applications.
Enjoy most of the following:
- Coding of game-like systems that leverage tools and technologies such as Unity, OGRE, ODE.
- Producing clean and efficient code.
- GUI development.
- Physics or Vehicle Simulation.
Have experience with some of the following:
- Version control software (Git, Mercurial etc).
- Bug tracking (Mantis, Jira, etc) .
- Documenting code and producing technical content, such as User Guides.
While we here at QS strongly support the academic system in America, having a degree in Computer Science is not a requirement. If you can talk the talk and didn't have to get a student loan to do so, you are still alright in our book. Bachelors, Masters, or other degree in CS or technical fields, or related experience, is, obviously, a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending account, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurances, flexible hours, relaxed environment, casual dress code, the opportunity to learn new technologies and work on some really cool projects and more.