Robotics Lead Engineer
U.S. citizenship is required
Do you dream of robots? Are you interested in working on hard problems? Do you like working with or leading a small team? Does a casual, flexible work environment appeal to you? Join Quantum Signal. We build cutting edge, real-world solutions and products for some very interesting clients and applications.
Quantum Signal currently has a need for a lead roboticist to help manage and guide our growing team. The position involves a combination of technical leadership, managerial duties, and hands-on research and development work. The person in this position will work with their team to solve challenging problems in areas like:
- Global localization and position estimation
- Scene understanding and vision/lidar/radar-based feature recognition /extraction
- Teleoperated driver assistance using novel control algorithms and user interfaces
- Rollover prevention in off-road environments
- Modeling and simulation of sophisticated ground robots
We have a number of ongoing and upcoming R&D programs that address these challenges and more in novel application spaces and extreme environments. If you have a background in robotics at the university or industry level with at least five years of experience, and are interested in leading a team, we'd like to talk to you! Some of the things you may be asked to do include developing new concepts and technologies, charting project technical direction, mentoring junior staff, contributing to reports and proposals, making presentations to clients, and overall ensuring your team is firing on all cylinders to achieve excellent, working product. You'll be a key member of the QS leadership team and the go-to person for a wide range of robotics problems.
- A strong mathematical and engineering background
- Love for robots and robotic systems
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in the robotics area (preferably with some publications in this/a related area)
- Modeling and simulation experience (preferably with some multi-body dynamics experience)
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead a technical team
- Ability to research, develop, and prototype new robotic ideas and algorithms. We do most of our development in Linux using the GCC toolchain, so you should know that cold.
- Ability to clearly present technical work in both written and oral formats
MS or Ph.D. in Robotics or Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.