Robotics Software Product Development Manager
U.S. citizenship is required
Quantum Signal (QS) is an applied research and development company headquartered in Saline, MI, three miles south of Ann Arbor. QS’ leverages its expertise in algorithm and software development to build creative, unique products for a worldwide customer base in both the public and private sectors, and has done so for over 18 years. We solve hard problems and build working solutions in cutting edge fields like autonomous vehicles, surveillance, forensics, consumer products, and more. For more information on QS, see www.quantumsignal.com.
QS currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic, expert Software Product Development Manager (PDM) for its flagship autonomous vehicle and mobile robotics simulation software product ANVEL. This PDM will be responsible for the oversight, expansion and development of an already growing family of ANVEL products and services. This includes “hands on” leadership of a myriad of ANVEL engineering services and support activities to assist a diverse userbase in the public and private sectors.
- Manage and participate efficiently and effectively in ANVEL services activities, including short- and long-term support engagements, customized ANVEL-based applications, and similar endeavors
- Develop and implement launch and rollout plan of updated and new ANVEL features and releases
- Coach and train employees as needed to support quality ANVEL products and services
- Quantify, track, and report on product and service performance
- Partner with engineering as needed to develop product offerings necessary to fulfill customer expectations and grow the customer base
- Develop ANVEL product roadmap(s) and research and development contracts for core software, support contract and long-term business plans in conjunction with engineering team leaders and managers
- Partner with management, staff, and customers to determine where value can be created using the ANVEL software; work with management to identify potential markets and build business cases; help develop strategies to support pursuit of promising areas
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing technical product teams with demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- BS or higher degree in related field
- Excellent ability to organize cross-functional teams and manage customer-facing budgets, schedules, and reporting
- Strong product management skills
- Experience in software development and/or use of engineering simulation tools
- Mechanical, robotics and software engineering knowledge and background, with special knowledge of engineering software, modeling and simulation, and robotics products preferable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to establish and leverage partnerships
- Ability to operate with limited direction and oversight while producing results
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think “out of the box”
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
Why Quantum Signal
QS isn’t just another job; it’s part of an outstanding, rewarding career. We are here to build great solutions for our clients, and our team and environment supports and rewards creativity, intelligence, and hard work. We have a fun and relaxed work culture that consists of flexible hours, casual dress code, summer staff BBQs, game nights, lunchtime volleyball, ping pong tournaments, and the opportunity to learn new technologies and work on really cool projects. We also offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses. Our benefits include excellent health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401k (all effective on first day of hire). Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we’re interested in meeting you today! Based on the nature of work that we do, U.S. citizenship is required.
QS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.