Senior Simulation Engineer
U.S. citizenship is required
We are seeking a senior simulation programmer to work on robotics focused, real-time modeling and simulation projects. You will work on a small but growing team of software developers to expand, improve, and validate real-time autonomy simulation software in a flexible, results-focused environment that encourages technical growth and creative freedom.
Quantum Signal is a research and development company that works with clients to build new products and technologies based on state-of-the-art algorithms and software. Products and technologies include robot simulators, autonomous vehicle technologies, tools for forensic labs, and more. We are headquartered in Saline, MI, three miles south of Ann Arbor. Based on the nature of work that we do, U.S. citizenship is required.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience coding software as part of a team.
- Writing real-time, 3d graphics-focused simulation systems that can be used for training, education, and/or engineering applications.
- Multiplatform development (Linux/Windows).
- Experience in optimizing code for real-time performance.
- Ability to test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure all requirements are met.
- Desire to develop, improve, and maintain large, complex codebases.
- Knowledge of both modern and traditional C/C++ techniques.
Enjoy most of the following:
- Coding of high performance systems that leverage tools and technologies such as Unity, Unreal, and Ogre3d.
- Producing clean and efficient code.
- GUI development.
- Physics or Vehicle Simulation.
- Robotics and sensing.
Have experience with most of the following:
- Version control software (SVN, git, etc).
- Bug tracking (Mantis, Jira, etc).
- Documenting code and producing technical content, such as User Guides.
- gcc/g++ and Visual Studio toolchains.
- Python and other scripting style languages.
- Physics and rendering middleware (PhysX, Havok, ODE, Ogre3d, Unreal).
BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
QS isn't just another job; it's part of an outstanding, rewarding career. We are here to build great solutions for our clients, and our team and environment supports and rewards creativity, intelligence, and hard work. We have a fun and relaxed work culture that consists of flexible hours, casual dress code, summer staff BBQs, game nights, lunchtime volleyball, ping pong tournaments, and the opportunity to learn new technologies and work on really cool projects. We also offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses. Our benefits include excellent health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401k (all effective on first day of hire). Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we're interested in meeting you today! Based on the nature of work that we do, U.S. citizenship is required.