Simulation Software Engineer
U.S. citizenship is required
We are seeking a simulation programmer to work on real-time modeling and simulation projects. You will work on a small but growing team of software developers, testers, and application engineers to expand, improve, and validate real-time autonomy simulation software in a flexible, results-focused environment that encourages technical growth and creative freedom.
Quantum Signal is a research and development company that works with clients to build new products and technologies based on state-of-the-art algorithms and software. We build excellent solutions that enable our clients in fields like mobile robotics, surveillance, forensics, consumer products, and entertainment We are headquartered in Saline, MI (three miles south of Ann Arbor).
- Minimum 2 years of C/C++ professional experience coding software as part of a team
- Strong interest in developing real-time, engineering-focused simulation software tools incorporating vehicles, sensors, physics, and graphics
- U.S. Citizenship
Enjoy most of the following:
- Producing clean and efficient code
- Physics, vehicle, sensor, or robotics simulation
- Maintaining, improving, and extending a mature codebase in active use by a wide customer base
- Working in a collaborative, informal office setting; no telecommuting
Have experience with some of the following:
- Multi-threading and networking
- Cross-platform development for Windows and Linux
- Basic math and physics concepts involved in physics modeling and 3D graphics
- Version control software (Subversion, Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Bug tracking (Mantis, Jira, etc.)
- Documenting code and producing technical content, such as user guides
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred, but not required.
We are here to build great solutions for our clients, and our team and environment supports and rewards creativity, intelligence, and hard work. We have a fun and relaxed work culture that consists of flexible hours, casual dress code, summer staff BBQs, game nights, lunchtime volleyball, ping pong tournaments, and the opportunity to learn new technologies. We also offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses. Our benefits include excellent health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401k (all effective on first day of hire). Are you ready for the challenge?