The Quantum Signal Biometrics Database (QSBD) contains an extensive, high quality set of still images, video recordings, and audio recordings of more than 300 human subjects. The data was collected during a 1.5 year, 40,000 man-hour experiment conducted from 2003 to 2004 in the university town of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The collection experiment was designed and executed by a highly experienced team of data acquisition experts and signal/image processors with the intent of providing a high-quality corpus from which to develop and text speech, face, or multimodal biometrics algorithms and/or software.
Some QSBD highlights include:
- More than 300 people with substantial diversity and equal mix of genders
- Multiple sessions (4) for each subject spanning two to six months
- Large, Robust Facial Data Corpus
- Color, high resolution stills (1024x768) and DV video
- Differing facial expressions
- Wide variety of angles, including fixed and swept
- Lighting changes, severe and subtle
- Blue screen Background
- Additional "Free form" uncontrolled images available
- Large, Robust Speech Data Corpus
- Industry standard, high quality 44.1kHz/16 bit sampling
- Professional microphone and telephone handset recordings
- Multiple utterance types (words, number, sentences, etc)
- Multiple repetitions of individual utterances
- Twelve "token sets" of utterance types
- Continuous digital video for all subjects/sessions
- Additional continuous digital audio for all subject/sessions
- Accompanying description data files in XML or ASCII format
This database is not available or used in any existing competition, and is available to be licensed in full or in part by commercial, government, or academic entities. Pricing is dependent on the subset of the database requested. Licensing agreement is required.
If you are interested in obtaining the database, or in downloading a single subject sample, send an email or call 734-429-9100.The QSBD is available for license in whole or in part to qualified entities. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.