Quantum Signal AI (a Ford AV, LLC subsidiary) is a research and development company with a focus on simulation, mobile robotics, and autonomous vehicle technologies. We are looking for a Research Engineer with a broad skill set help us develop advanced AV related technologies.
- Survey available literature, assess existing state-of-the-art approaches, and adapt methods and algorithms
- Develop software prototypes in high-level languages and work with software engineers to create and test production code
- Support planning and execution of data collection exercises and test events
- Analyze data, identify issues, communicate results
- Model sensor, communication, and vehicle systems
- Prepare written reports and briefings
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, applied mathematics, applied physics, or related field required, graduate study preferred
- Solid programming skills in Python, C/C++, Matlab, or Java
- Strong grasp of linear algebra, probability, and statistics
- Interest in learning about and applying advanced technology to new problems
- Ability to discern when you can work independently and when you need guidance and mentoring
- 1-3 years post-college experience in any of the following areas is preferred:
- Signal/image processing and video analytics
- Data analysis, machine learning, and information science
- Sensors and sensor processing (lidar, radar, ultrasonics, cameras, GPS receivers, IMUs, etc.)
- Detection, tracking, and classification
- System/requirements engineering
Why Quantum Signal AI?
QSAI isn’t just another job; it’s part of an outstanding, rewarding career. Our team and environment supports and rewards creativity, intelligence, and hard work. We have a fun and relaxed work culture that consists of flexible hours, casual dress code, summer staff BBQs, game nights, lunchtime volleyball, ping pong tournaments, and the opportunity to learn new technologies.
We also offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses. Our benefits include excellent health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401k (all effective on first day of hire). Are you ready for the challenge? If so, send us your resume and cover letter today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
What Happens at Quantum Signal AI?
From vintage arcade tournaments to Happy Hour to our year end holiday party, we’re having fun!